Our attorneys regularly advise clients on virtually every type of corporate and commercial transaction. KWM provides a diverse array of clients with legal advice. We are prepared to assist clients with a broad spectrum of services, including entity formation and compliance; purchase and sale of a company, including dealing with employee benefit and real estate issues; contract drafting and negotiation; business planning; lease negotiation and any other concerns that might require legal guidance. We also have the ability to act as general counsel for businesses, or as regional, local or special counsel regarding particular matters.
- Negotiated the multi-million dollar buyout of a partner of several real estate and medical services ventures.
- Represented the primary financial investor in a technology company in restructuring the company’s board of directors and revising the corporate documents to include anti-dilution, transfer restrictions and other protective measures.
- Represent a regional shared office space licensing company in all of its legal needs, including advising on its corporate ownership form, negotiating the buyouts of some of its members and executives, negotiating its commercial office leases, redrafting its standard licensee terms and conditions, drafting buy-sell agreements between its principals and managing its claims.
- Represent an international manufacturer and distributor, with factories in India and Mexico, including advising and drafting its inter-corporate sales and distribution agreements, reviewing and consulting on its corporate governance and structure and advising on its claims. Additionally, we negotiated the buyout of one of its prior partners.
- Consulted on the corporate structure, governing documents and employee handbook of a well-known architectural and design services firm, and advised the firm on its equity-sharing agreement with its new partner.
- Represent a high end commercial and residential general contractor in all of its construction-related legal work, including contract drafting and negotiation, subcontractor relations and claims. Additionally, we represent several of the company’s principals in their real estate development investments.