- University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana (1996)
- Loyola University School of Law-Chicago (1999)
- Illinois, Michigan and Indiana Supreme Courts
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
Alastar S. McGrath is the managing partner of KWM. His practice involves business-related litigation, including employment and professional liability defense. Mr. McGrath has tried cases in federal and state courts representing corporate entities, insurance companies, government entities and high net-worth individuals in industries including insurance, construction/housing, transportation, healthcare and technology.
Mr. McGrath has experience in a wide variety of complex litigation matters, ranging from the successful defense of a wage and hour class action that was upheld by the Illinois Appellate Court, to the successful defense of a public entity against a $300 million commercial disparagement claim. He is a member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar and is active in providing pro-bono services.