Professional Liability Team
KWM understands that professional liability suits not only threaten financial loss but can damage a client’s hard-earned reputation.
Our firm has experience in professional liability matters involving attorneys, healthcare providers, architects, engineers, directors and officers, real estate brokers and agents, and insurance brokers.
Professional Errors and Omissions Defense
KWM represents professionals under insurers’ errors and omissions policies and directly when the professional is self-insured.
Our firm is able to negotiate sensitive issues of confidentiality, the impact of a potential claim on the professional’s ongoing practice, and the need to work closely with the client in developing a litigation strategy, including potential settlement.
- Defend healthcare administrator from alleged negligence claim with regard to administering professional duties.
- Defend accountants against errors made in the filing of corporate tax returns.
- Handle the prosecution and defense of attorney malpractice claims.
- Defend real estate broker against alleged negligence claim arising out of real estate transaction.
- Defend architect and engineers from allegations of failing to adhere to the proper standards of care.
Directors and Officers Liability
KWM represents private and not-for-profit companies in matters that directly affect the liability of its directors and officers.
Our firm has experience protecting the interests of a company or organization and its officers and directors from issues related to corporate governance, employment or even regulatory enforcement actions.
- Represent company and officer in an action brought by the company’s lender.