KWM represents buyers and sellers, developers, investors and property managers in numerous types of transactions and projects. Principal among our real estate trial practice are cases involving disputes among parties to sales transactions, brokerage commission disputes, commercial lease disputes, land acquisition disputes, and zoning or ordinance-compliance matters.
In addition to our strong litigation experience in the area of real estate law, we regularly provide clients with advice on the structuring of real estate transactions and the drafting of documents pertaining to this area, including limited partnership agreements, LLC operating agreements, and joint venture agreements.
Our real estate practice overlaps with our extensive work in the field of construction law, having represented owners of commercial and residential properties in drafting and negotiating numerous types of construction-related contracts.
- Obtain summary judgment on behalf of group of real estate investor clients against escrow agent for disappearance of earnest money deposits.
- Confirm judgment after arbitration against general contractor concerning breach of construction contract for faulty workmanship.
- Prosecute vessel owner’s multi-million-dollar claim against shipyard for fraudulent or negligent project management.
- Obtain a directed verdict for our clients in a claim involving an alleged breach of an oral contract to convey real estate upon death.
- Draft contracts regarding the sale and purchase of commercial property.